It has been awhile since I have sat down and posted anything, almost 3 months now I noticed. I have been meaning to get on here but something keeps getting in the way. I ran across a funny blog from Greg Willits at Rosary Army where he talked about 7 weird things about himself. I decided this could be fun… so here ya go
1. Things I wish that could be banned from this earth: Chewing Gum (I agree Greg) and Burning leaves or cigarettes. Both of these behaviors get me to the point I think I could spontaneously combust. Lets take the gum- I can not stand to watch people chew gum. Its disgusting. I do not want to see the inside of someones mouth while they chew a piece of gray,pink, green, purple matter. On top of that, I don’t want to hear what their mouth does while the person chews the gum. Top that off with mint gum (see #2) and I can nearly gag and leave where ever I am. This is especially bad if I get on the treadmill at the gym and the person next to me is chewing mint gum. It becomes a cloud of mint around the person (sorta like pig pen) and I can’t stand it. It makes me gag. I will get off the treadmill and move or leave all together.
Burning leaves/Smoking – They are in the same category for me. This should be banned. Period.
2. I don’t like the smell of mint. I never have. Its to overpowering for me and makes me literally want to puke. I don’t know what it is but I just can’t stand the smell of it. I can make myself gag if I am trying to brush my teeth with mint toothpaste. I use cinnamon toothpaste now.
3. I avoid eating white condiments. Mayo, Alfredo, whip cream, sour cream you name it, if its white, I don’t eat it. I just don’t like the taste of any white condiments.
4. I had an extremely rare bone condition in my left heel. My heel bone was 75% hollow. Luckily I had the surgery before my foot collapsed. The doctors told me I might never walk right again. I was running less than 3 months after the surgery. Its written in a medical journal somewhere. There have been no documented cases similar to mine in the U.S.
5. I participated in a sleep study that paid $970 to stay up for 48 hours. Talk about the things we do for money, wow this one topped the cake. I didn’t think I was going to make it the full 48 hours, after about 36 I had nearly lost it and was in tears having a meltdown. Somehow I was able to preserver and make it through to collect my check.
6. I have an undergraduate degree in Agri Business with a minor in agronomy (plant science). I used to want to own a flower shop or be a landscaper. I grew up in a small town of 3,000 people and my parents own a hardware store. I still love the country and miss the peacefulness of it all.
7. I refuse to keep an electronic calendar. I love having an old school calendar to write everything down on and stick my notes in. I hate carrying it but I love using it and the feeling of writing on paper. I don’t do it as often as I should.